Consider having a Koha Yoga AcroYoga Party for your bachelorette party, birthday party, office party or just for a party. Contact us here.
A balance of giving and receiving.
Inviting another person into your practice literally expands your yoga experience. Whether by yourself or with a partner, you’ll have an increased ability to discover what yoga is really about – union. Working together with a friend, the person you love, or a new friend, you’ll explore the qualities of trust, balance, surrender, and play!
AcroYoga/Flying Yoga/Circus Yoga/Trust Yoga (whatever you want to call it) is a delightful blend of partner yoga, acrobatics, and Thai massage. One partner, the flyer, is supported in aerial asanas and inversions. The inverted poses can be combined with massage, creating a therapeutic experience, allowing the spine of the flyer to open and stretch while the base (the person supporting the flyer) receives a strengthening exercise.
You don’t have to be a yogi or an acrobat. All you need is openness and a spirit of adventure. Feel free to bring your life-mate or a friend, or simply come solo. Expect to walk out of the class feeling lightness, improved communication, greater trust, an increased sense of play, a new vitality, and reduced stress. Check the pre-requisites before you attend a class. Some classes might require that you have six months of yoga or have some basic AcroYoga skills.
You’ll experience a journey of discovery during each AcroYoga class:
- Whauna (family): By getting to know everyone, what they bring to the class and what you might be able to offer them, we create a sense of community and trust.
- Kia Kaha (strength): By doing partner poses that encourage us to use our body in a powerful manner, your confidence will grow, as well as your ability to take on challenges with strength.
- Aroha (love): By incorporating basic Thai massage, you will experience the joy of connection and touch, which puts us in a place to give and receive the Koha (gift) of flying.
- Whakawhetai (gratitude): Being one with our community is a natural byproduct of the experience and what we invite you to share with the rest of your world.
Wear comfortable yoga clothes and bring a mat. Whether alone or with someone you love, you will definitely meet a great community of people.
Whether you are just starting out in yoga or looking to strengthen a strong practice with a deeper understanding of breath, movement, and the benefit of uniting both of these elements, Koha Yoga can help you develop and expand your personal yoga practice. Whether through group practice, a private class or a personal Flying Yoga session with you and your partner or community of friends, Koha Yoga is open to helping you creating the optimal gift to yourself or your community.
- Private class (1 to 4 people)
- Partner sessions
- Package/group rates available
AcroYoga Private Session
45 minute long sessions.
$ 45/ each for a 2 person lesson
$ 40/ each for 3 people
$ 30/ each for 4 people